Our Training Commitment
At Menfor Group, we recognise that high quality, consistent and current ongoing training is key to our success as an organisation. Giving our workers the right environment to develop their talents is something we are passionate about because we know that it benefits individual staff members, clients and the organisation as a whole.
We ensure that every worker we provide to clients – across the rail, highways and construction sectors – has the right skills and training to meet the demands placed on them. We never put anyone in the field who isn’t one-hundred percent confident in themselves and their ability to undertake the job at hand.
Because Menfor Group works across such a wide range of industries and projects, we understand that the training we provide needs to meet a diverse set of needs.
That’s why we work with our recruitment partners to ensure that all Menfor Group staff have access to the correct and most current training for their job role. The training we source is always fully accredited and industry recognised, so we know – and our clients know – that Menfor Group workers have the best possible preparation and all the tools they need to succeed in their new role. This also sets them up to progress and drive client projects forwards.
Here are just some of the training and qualifications we offer:
- The Use and Changing of Abrasive Wheels: We deliver our in-house abrasive wheels training to comply with The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1988 – with an added stress placed on HAVS awareness and associated issues.
- NVQ’s: We provide a wide range of NVQ training courses, including City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 Assessor in Civil Engineering, which incorporates: steel fixing, structural concrete, kerbs and channels, formwork, and domestic drainage and tunnelling disciplines/support services.
- CPCS Plant Operator Courses: Menfor Group provides plant operator courses in all plant machinery, including 360-degree, wheeled and tracked forklift operation, dumpers, excavators, rollers, slingers/signallers. Construction Skills recognise our Plant & Vehicle Marshall
- Training course – soon accepted as a CPCS carded category, the most familiar and largest plant industry card scheme.
At Menfor Group, we feel that apprenticeships are important for our organisation, clients and society as a whole. We’re committed to helping new apprentice employees develop their skills and work towards a long-term role in our business.
Because we place such great emphasis and importance on apprenticeships, we work with a range of accredited apprenticeship schemes to provide valuable, robust training and skills. Our apprenticeships take in workers of all ages and deliver targeted, insightful training to help apprentices to progress on their chosen career path.
We offer a range of apprenticeships in different areas, including:
- Rail Operative
- Construction Operations
- Steel Fixing
- Lifting Operations
- Pipework and Drainage
- Plant Operations
- Occupational Work Supervision
Our goal at Menfor Group is to help workers find and develop a route into the area that they feel best suits their skills and talents. We work to provide rolling, always updated training to all staff, giving all team members, regardless of their profession or skill set, the opportunities they need to develop, learn and succeed.
If you’d like to learn more about training and apprenticeship opportunities or the courses offered to our labour force, get in touch.