Menfor Group Health and Wellbeing Policy
Menfor Group recognises that a healthy and happy workforce is integral to delivering the best results for our clients. We recognise that regardless of the project size, scope or location, we’re duty bound to ensure the health and safety of anyone who may be affected by our work – that includes members of the public too.
We know that the best standards of health, safety and wellbeing don’t just happen, and that’s why we have a health and wellbeing policy that documents an overarching, rigorous and committed approach.
A Holistic Approach to Health and Wellbeing
Physical ill-health, disability and mental health can all influence the ability of a worker to work safely and effectively and, because we recognise this, Menfor Group gives equal weight and credence to all health issues.
We know that the health of our workforce is integral to what we do, and the Menfor Group has a number of policies in place to ensure the health of our employees isn’t impacted in a negative way by their work activities. Our health and wellbeing approach is as follows:
- Ensure compliance with in-house Health and Safety Policy.
- Conduct risk assessments with consideration given to health hazards and suitable control methods.
- Provide training and education on a variety of health-related issues, including alcohol, drug use, manual handling and hygiene.
- Pre-employment health questionnaire, evaluating the fitness of applicants in relation to the risks and hazards of the job, environment or job-related activities.
- Continued health surveillance during the term of employment.
- Providing and cultivating awareness around Occupational Health issues during inductions.
- Ensuring employees know of their responsibility for ensuring they attend work in a fit and healthy state, enabling them to meet their duties.
- Provide details of external advice sources and guidance around Occupational Health issues.
- Complying with specific health and safety guidelines provided by clients in the construction, highway and rail sectors.
Always Improving Standards
At Menfor Group, we understand that health and wellbeing practices can’t rest or stay locked in forever. That’s why we review our health and wellbeing guidelines on an annual basis – or when unforeseen occupational health issues arise.
It’s impossible to predict everything that can affect an employee or happen on big project sites, and that’s why Menfor Group is always looking for ways to improve its health and wellbeing policies. It’s part of our strong, ongoing commitment to everyone who works for Menfor Group because we know that’s it’s only through them that we can meet our objectives and grow.