GDPR and Menfor Group
On the 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect in the UK. This replaced the existing law on data protection – the Data Protection Act 1998 – and provides more rights and protection to individuals regarding how organisations are able to collect, store and use their personal data.
Your personal data is anything that an organisation could use to identify who you are. How this personal data undergoes processing falls under the rules and laws laid out in the GDPR.
How Does Menfor Group Process Your Personal Data?
Menfor Group takes GDPR seriously and we have worked hard to ensure all of our data processing activities comply with the obligations set out in GDPR documentation.
To ensure we store, protect and process your data in line with GDPR guidance, we undertake the following measures:
- Keeping personal data up to date
- Storing and destroying data securely
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure
- Ensuring robust, fit-for-purpose technical measures are in place to protect data
It is via the above steps that Menfor Group ensures we only retain the personal data we need, and protect this data from unauthorised or outside use. We’re committed to protecting your personal data, and we always ensure our protective measures are strong, effective and in-line with the latest guidance.
How Does Menfor Group Use Personal Data?
We need to retain and use some personal data to ensure the smooth running of our organisation and the delivery of projects to clients. We only use personal data for specific, authorised reasons and never for anything else.
Menfor Group uses personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable Menfor Group to provide our services in a particular geographic area – as specified by client requirements.
- To check and confirm individual training records of prospective employees
- To contact and make payments to employees and the contract workforce.
- To maintain Menfor Group’s accounts and records.
- To contact and inform employees, contract workforce and clients of news, events, organisation activities and services.
When We Share Personal Data
Menfor Group treats all personal data as strictly confidential and we will only share data to provide a service to our clients or for purposes connected with a government department – such as HMRC, for example.
We only share basic data with third parties – such as training records – relating to individual projects for our clientele.
Personal Data and Your Rights
When it comes to your personal data – unless a GDPR exemption is in place – you have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data held by Menfor Group.
- The right to request that Menfor Group corrects any inaccurate or out of date personal data.
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data if it is no longer necessary for Menfor Group to retain said data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of data at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller of Menfor Group provides the data subject with their personal data and, where possible, directly transmit that data to another data controller – this is known as ‘The Right to Data Portability’.
- The right, where there is a dispute over the accuracy or processing of personal data, to request a restriction on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data – Only applicable where processing arises based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- The right to register a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).